Monday, June 10, 2013

Plans for Classic Alberta Whitewater with Team Paddler, Luke Vollmerhaus


My basement; the place where all of my adventures start, I’m  looking around at the mess of gear soon to be in duffel bags and couldn’t be more excited. 

I spent the evening laying out and checking every piece of equipment I own. This has to be one of my favourite processes in the world; it always means good times and sweet white water are to follow, rain or shine. 

Getting all geared up!


I’ve been monitoring the river levels through Alberta for the last week or so and they are all holding very close to perfect. The weather is looking amazing, 20 degrees and sunny for the next 5 days or so. Our trip plan is to start up in Jasper and work our way south. The exact route will vary depending on change in river levels but we have a few creeks in mind: the Fraser (which is raging right now!), Astoria, Beauty, Johnston’s Canyon, Sheep, Cataract and Dry Wood are all on the list at the moment. 
 
Self Portrait - chillin' out on the river


The crew stands at 5: Angus Jenkins, Riley Tower, Liam Fournier, Zac Ruttiman and myself. I’ve been watching all my favourite old kayak videos religiously and am ridiculously stoked to get my paddle in the river!

I’ll be touching base in a couple of days with an update, ‘til then paddle safe!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Green River, UT

Green River, UT
Photo: Shawna Franklin